Łeba and around
TOURIST ATTRACTIONS, MONUMENTS AND INTERESTING SITES
Beaches and swimming pools, water sports on the sea and on the lakes, fairy tale railway trips, hiking and bicycle excursions
- Sea cruises
- Cod angling cruises on the sea
- Seasonal cruises to observe the sunrise and sunset
- Landscape and site seeing cruises on Lake Łebsko to the Rocket Launch Pad Museum and Słowiński Villages Ethnographic Park Museum in Kluki
Monuments and interesting sites
- Ruins of the 14th century gothic St Nicholas Church – Turystyczna Street (the oldest local historical monument)
- Old Łeba Cemetery – route from Turystyczna Street to Rąbka
- 17th century Our Lady Roman Catholic Church - 28 Postańców Warszawy Street
- Painting of Madonna as Advocate of Fishermen by Max Pechstein (painted on canvas with paint used on ships)
- Sculpture of a Fontal Angel holding the Holy Scripture on a golden tray
- Replica of a figurine of a silver cod – identical as one presented to the Pope during his pilgrimage to Pelplin.
- Evangelical graveyard in Parkowa Street – monument commemorating the cemetery of the Evangelical (Lutheran) Parish, which religious community lived in Łeba until 1945, with the inscription “In commemoration of the Evangelical Community” in four languages: Kashubian, German, Polish and Latin.
- The oldest house in Łeba at No 86 Kościuszki Street (Latin inscription on a horizontal beam “God is my champion and my helper. Oh Lord, I shall not abandon You, You bless me after all. Johan Mampe. 18 July 1723”.
- Kościuszki Street with the Presidential Avenue with embedded hand imprints of presidents of Poland
- Park of the Oblates Order – Powstańców Warszawy Street
- John Paul II Park – Łąkowa Street
- Adventure Power Parks – Turystyczna Street and Nadmorska Street
- Dinosaur Park – the largest in Poland – Kolonijna Street
- Spruce Raft – replica from 1957 (Yacht Harbour)
- Mini ZOO and ornithological garden – Kolonijna Street
- Time Chest – Fishermen’s square
- Fog bell – between the port authority and the eastern pier – a historical bell with the image of St Nicholas and St James – the patrons of seafarers
- Breakwater and Navigation Cross – 16 metres of the steel structure of the cross expressing memory of the sailors, fishermen, yachtsmen and those who have never returned from the sea.
- Yacht harbour – Marina (Jachtowa Street)
- Black pond
- Słowiński Villages Open-Air Ethnographic Park Museum in Kluki, graveyard of the local Słowiński community
- Natural History Museum in Smołdzino with affiliate outposts in Rowy and Rąbka (as well as landscape viewing tower)
- Czołpino Lighthouse and “Lighthouse” natural history path
- Rowokół – the holy mountain of Kashubians (Słowińcy) with the landscape observation tower and natural history pathway.
- Shifting sand dunes with the highest Góra Łącka – 42 m above sea level
- Czołpińska Sand Dune
- World War II Rocket Launching Pads Museum
- Rheinbote (Rhein Messengers) ballistic missiles – four-stage rockets with 250 km range
- Rheintochter (Daughters of the Rhein) anti-aircraft missiles – controlled by radio, with 150 kg of explosives with range reaching the height of 18 km.
- Stilo Lighthouse
Wpisz miejscowość z której wyruszasz
Zobacz jak dojechać